28 June 2006

Why Bother With Forums?

A funny thing happened to me just the other day. I was lurking about a motorcycle forum I’m a member of, and happened across a thread that was in the political discussion area. The title of the thread was “Murtha says U.S. poses top threat to world peace”.

Now I’ve been a member of this forum long enough to know that many of the members are seriously hard core, conservative, republicans so I typically stay out of the debating there. But in this thread I decided to step into the ring and see what was going on.

Much to my own surprise I think I became the “Silence” to their “Moto”. I was not just playing devil’s advocate either. I truly believe in everything I posted. The funny thing is that I think much of what I thought in regards to this thread had been directly influenced by Silence, Mother, and a few others in many of the conversations at forums closer to my heart.

So I guess that rather than simply killing time in a cyber sort of way, and endlessly seeking things to debate about, I am also learning to open my mind and thoughts to differing opinions.

I’m doing my best to try to see things from a perspective other than my own.

A more “worldly” perspective is what I seek.

You guys are contagious, influential, and appreciated.

2 comments:

Mother said...

Welcome aboard, Moto!

BTW -- the doctor says I'm not contagious any more. That topical cream worked wonders. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi all
Do you like reading books?
What is your favorite author?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
[url=http://hfomin.electronica2000.org/nber-macroeconomics-annual.html]nber macroeconomics annual[/url] [url=http://hfomin.electronica2000.org/sandra-vasquez-de-la-horra.html]sandra vasquez de la horra[/url] [url=http://hfomin.electronica2000.org/paul-adrien-maurice-dirac.html]paul adrien maurice dirac[/url]