31 July 2006

Ok! Here's the Pictures!


Late, I know, but I've been through too many time zones in too short a time to be held to deadlines.

Minimal commentary today, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

First is my favorite, my American family meeting my English Family (save for M'Lord Lurker who was have in Spain having a fabulous time). This would be the Natural History Museum in London providing the architectural backdrop.

Please note, the child is almost as tall as the midget student! :)








This handsome fellow is a Tower of London Raven. The little one took a special interest in the Tower Ravens, having read the story of the Ravens having special import to the continuation of England as a country. (The story goes that so long as there are ravens at the Tower there shall always be an England and if the ravens ever leave then England shall fall.) Of course, I like this one because it reminds me of my hairy/feathery friend from the Midwest. Either way, we are happy to report that the Tower Ravens are alive, healthy, and seem to have no interest in looking for a new home!


Okay, after a week of playing with this thing, this is the last photo -- the little one at Regent's Park.

Sorry, kids but the interface between the digi-camera software and Blogger is giving me fits. Obviously, this blogging thing will take some getting used to.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty. Whose is that baby behind Uncle Billy? Or is that just a texture in the background?

I like ravens, they're... black :p. Is there somewhere in the story mentioned if the ravens are kept in cages/aviary (when not on display) to prevent them from emigrating? I was in the Tower once and seen the ravens myself, but nobody asked so I, of course, didn't.

When I was in London, I remember we went to the St. Paul's Cathedral, watched the royal guard uhm... change of shifts in front of the B. Palace, we went past the Eye, Houses of Parliament... and we started our stay by visiting the Dover castle/fort/whatever those Brits call it, and we also went to Canterbury Cathedral. Aside from two missions to the local Tesco (just a short way away from where we were staying - in families), that's it I think.

OH, almost forgot! We were at Madame Tussaud's as well.

Why am I even posting this? :D

Anonymous said...

btw, ALMOST forgot... where's my evidence pic of Billy kissing Mother's knee? Hm? Where, where? :p